Welcome to Star Publish LLCWhere Authors and Publisher Work Together
Since 2004, Star Publish has been a safe haven for authors, a publisher started and run by authors. We've helped authors win awards, bring their stories alive, and entertain readers with professionally produced books, both print and ebook.
We respect authors and what it is they need. No one can be as passionate about a project as the author, but we're passionate about the authors and seeing them happy with their published book.
Submissions are CLOSEDEspecially looking for Mystery, Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Romance from motivated authors.
What Star Does Do
- We screen submissions and only accept a few titles a year.
- Once an author is contracted, full print and ebook services are available, including professional copy-edit, interior formatting, and basic custom cover design with upgrades for professional full editing and cover designing at discounted fees.
- Personal One on One interaction.
- Books are listed at popular online stores and print books can be ordered by bookstores.
- You keep a large part of your earnings as well as the rights to your work.
- No limit on how many books an author purchases from publisher to sell at appearances.
- You control deadlines.
What Star Doesn't Do
- Star can't guarantee high sales no matter how much we'd like to do so. A book's selling-power is highly dependent on the author.
- Star can't guarantee prime stocking on bookstore shelves. Stores control themselves.
- Star can't be available 24/7. Located in the Eastern Time Zone, we do try to answer emails as quickly as possible, but weekends as well as certain days to take care of personal things we take off. However, we do try to always respond in under 5 work days. Every email and contact is important to us.
- Star doesn't publish just any manuscript. We screen our submissions and look for key qualities readers will enjoy.